10 Jun 2013
Fandom Inspired - A Song of Ice and Fire House Colors
Happy Monday, my lovelies! How are you all doing today? I know it’s only been a week, but it feels like it’s been forever! Any fun stories from this last weekend? I went hiking with my hubby and puppy and got to see one of my oldest friends get married. So my weekend was pretty lovely :)
Since yesterday was the season finale of the third season of Game of Thrones, I thought it seemed fitting to do some “A Song of Ice and Fire”-themed nails!
I kept things simple for this manicure and did the colors of five of the main houses. On the thumb we have House Baratheon, whose flag is a black stag on a golden field. The index finger is House Lannister, whose flag is a golden lion on a crimson field. The middle finger is House Tyrell, a golden rose on a grass-green field. The ring finger is House Stark, a grey direwolf on a snow-white field. And finally the pinky finger is House Targaryen, whose banner is a three-headed black dragon on a crimson field.
Since I was a bit crunched for time when I did this manicure, I just did the colors of the house banners rather than draw on the sigils of each house. But hey, maybe I’ll do that for the premiere of season four. ;)
Have a wonderful week, my lovelies! See you next time. <3
Nail polishes used:
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in “Black Out” (#370)
- Sinful Colors Professional in “Ruby Ruby” (#369)
- Sinful Colors Professional in “Snow Me White” (#101)
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in “Gunmetal” (#310)
- Wet n Wild fast dry in “Sage in the City” (#225C)
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in “Golden-I” (#485)