15 Jun 2018
Nails This Week - Pride Leopard
Happy Friday, my lovelies! And happy Pride!
For those of you who don’t know, June is Pride month, a time for people who fall in the LGBTQA spectrum to come together and celebrate who you are. Pride is celebrated to honor the Stonewall Riots of 1969, which were a tipping point for the “Gay Liberation Movement” in the United States. In the month of June, all across the country, cities and communities gather to celebrate and recognize LGBTQA people.
Obviously, there are a lot of rainbow themed nails going around this time of the year, and as a pansexual woman I had to join in! I decided to do one of my favorite patterns with some rainbow colors: leopard print! I love doing leopard print nails because they always look SO cool and no matter what color scheme you choose, they’re always going to pop. Something loud, colorful, and explosive sounded like a great design to me for this theme!
If you want to know how to do a leopard print, check out my tutorial here. Like I said, it is CRAZY easy, and you don’t need any special tools. Just grab yourself some toothpicks, whatever polish colors you want, and go nuts!
Happy Friday, happy weekend, and most of all, happy Pride, my lovelies! No matter who you are, how you identify, or where you are in your journey of self-discovery and celebration, know that you are beautiful, you are incredible, and you should be PROUD!
Nail Polishes Used:
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in “Let’s Snow” (#195)
- Sinful Colors Professional in “Black On Black” (#103)
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in “Sun Kissed” (#150)
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in “Mellow Yellow” (#360)
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in “Mint Sorbet” (#340)
- American Apparel Nail Lacquer in “Hunter”
- Sinful Colors Professional in “Ruby Ruby” (#369)
- Sinful Colors Professional in “Endless Blue” (#1052)
- Sinful Colors Professional in “Let’s Talk” (#129)