06 May 2013
Tutorial - Colorful Disco
Hello my lovelies! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I’ve got a great tutorial to share with you today that will leave your nails looking funky and ready for fun:
Colorful Disco Nails!
Step 1: Supplies! For this manicure, you will need:
- Clear base and top coat
- Five polish colors of your choosing (I used purple, green, pink, blue, and red)
- Black polish
- Silver OR gold sparkle (I used silver) polish
Step 2: Base it! After cleaning and buffing your nails in the shape you prefer, paint on the clear base coat.
Step 3: Paint it! Once the base coat has dried, paint your different color polishes on each nail. Use 2-3 coats (or however many it takes) to get a nice solid base color.
Step 4: Tape it! Once the paint is COMPLETELY dry (all tack has to be gone), take a piece of tape and lay it at an angle on your nail so that roughly a third of your nail is uncovered by the tape.
Step 5: Paint it! Take your black polish and paint the uncovered part of the nail.
After painting, peel away the tape.
Step 6: Tape it again! After the black polish is COMPLETELY dry, you’ll repeat step 5 with the silver or gold polish. But this time, move the piece of tape upwards so that a section of the black is covered.
Paint with the silver or gold polish, and peel the tape away once painted.
Step 7: Finish it! After the polish has dried on all nails, paint on the clear top coat and clean up the edges.
And you’re done! I got multiple compliments on these nails, they’re just so colorful and fun! I hope you’ve enjoyed this tutorial, and I’ll see you next time.
Have a wonderful Monday, my lovelies <3
Nail polishes used:
- Sinful Colors Professional in “Let’s Talk” (#929)
- Wet n Wild fast dry in “Sage in the City” (#225C)
- Sinful Colors Professional in “Ruby Ruby” (#369)
- Wet n Wild fast dry in “Saved by the Blue” (#230C)
- Sinful Colors Professional in “24/7″ (#920)
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in “Black Out” (#370)
- Sinful Colors Professional in “Queen of Beauty” (#923)